F1 drives under a truck – level 2
The video of a dangerous stunt became very popular on the Internet. A truck and a Formula One car went fast alongside each other, and then the truck drove onto a ramp and jumped.
As the truck was in the air, the F1 drove under it. The truck jumped 83 feet (25 metres), and the F1 car only had seconds to do the trick.
People created the stunt as an advert. One of the men worked on famous movies, like the Fast and Furious and Terminator 2.
Difficult words: stunt (a cool but dangerous action), ramp (a piece of metal that helps cars drive up something), advert (a short film about something you can buy).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos