Facebook Employees – level 2
On Thursday, Facebook announced that it will hire 10,000 workers by the end of 2020. These people will be product and engineering workers, and it is not clear if they will be contractors or full-time workers.
Facebook is one of a few companies that are hiring new employees during the coronavirus. The company feels very lucky because many businesses are closing down or firing their employees.
In the past weeks, 10 million people lost their jobs in the US. It was important that people do not stay too close to each other. This helps slow down the spread of the coronavirus; however, many small businesses, such as restaurants or travel agencies are losing money. Facebook decided to help these businesses, and the company will give them $100 million dollars.
Difficult words: contractor (a person who works for a company, but he is not an employee of this company), full-time worker (a person who is an employee of a company, and he works at least 35 hours or more per week), close down (to stop business activities).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.