Facebook smart glasses – level 2
On Thursday, Facebook introduced its first smart glasses, and it became the latest company which tried to make smart glasses mainstream.
Wearers will be able to take photos and make short videos and then easily post them on social media. They can also make calls and listen to music and podcasts with the glasses. Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook´s founder and CEO, said that phones were not the most important device anymore and that smart glasses wearers could interact with the device and with people around them at the same time.
In 2013, the company Google introduced its Google glass, but people did not like how it looked. That is why Facebook worked together with the company Ray-Ban. Ray-Ban is a leader in eye wear, and people love its style. Facebook hopes that people will love its smart glasses and that it will change the way how they see the world.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.