Facebook stops Trump’s account – level 3
Facebook suspended Donald Trump from its platform for two years because he violated Facebook’s rules. Soon after the announcement,
Trump said that the decision was an insult to those who voted for him in the 2020 election. Trump also said that Facebook shouldn’t be allowed to get away with this censoring and silencing. Facebook said that Trump’s account will only be reinstated if the risk to public safety has receded.
The timing of Trump’s two-year suspension means he won’t be able to use his Facebook and Instagram accounts ahead of the 2022 elections when Republicans will be competing for seats in Congress, but he may be able to return to those platforms well before the next presidential election in 2024.
Difficult words: suspend (to officially stop something for a time), get away with (to be able to do something without a punishment), recede (to become smaller).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos