Factory Cannot Open – level 1
Elon Musk is the boss of the company Tesla. Tesla has a factory in Alameda County, California. The factory is closed. The government closes all factories in March. The coronavirus is there.
The situation is better now. Factories want to open again. However, local health officials must agree with it. Health officials in Alameda Country say that factories cannot open.
Musk is very angry. Musk wants to move the factory to Nevada or Texas. These countries have less strict rules.
Alameda County officials say that they talk with Tesla. They make a plan for safety together. However, Tesla says that it is not true.
Difficult words: county (an official smaller part of a country), strict (difficult or hard), rules (what people must or must not do), safety plan (a plan that says what people must do in a dangerous situation).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.