Fake chocolate – level 1
A few companies run the cacao and chocolate markets. Cacao only grows near the middle of the Earth. West Africa makes most of the world’s chocolate.
Chocolate companies are responsible for a lot of dirty areas and deforestation. Children often work on big cocoa farms. Child work is illegal. Many people eat chocolate. They do not know about these problems.
WNWN Food Labs is a British company. It makes fake chocolate. This chocolate looks and tastes like real chocolate. The process doesn’t use cocoa beans. It uses barley or legumes instead. They also use local ingredients. They are better for the natural world.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.