Family Meets Bear – level 1
A family makes a trip to the mountains. The mountains are in Italy. The family is having a picnic. A boy is playing in the bushes. The boy´s name is Alessandro. He is 12 years old.
Alessandro´s father is filming the boy on his phone. Suddenly, a bear appears behind the boy. The bear starts to come closer to the boy. Alessandro slowly walks away from the bear. The bear follows the boy.
Alessandro´s mother is very scared. The boy tells her to stay calm. The boy loves nature. He knows a lot of information. He knows that he must not look in the bear´s eyes.
The boy gets to his parents. The bear goes away. Alessandro is excited about the bear. He says that he is the happiest child in the world.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.