Family Meets Bear – level 3
A family walk and picnic in the Dolomites, Italy, was interrupted by a shocking and unexpected encounter with a bear.
Twelve-year-old Alessandro was wandering among the bushes looking for pine cones, when he appeared to be followed by a bear. The boy, who is passionate about nature, knew that he had to walk away slowly not to alarm the animal. Alessandro’s mother panicked; however, the boy told her to be silent. When he safely reached his family, the bear stopped following him and disappeared.
Later, Alessandro told the local press that the secret was to keep calm and not to look the animal in the eyes. He also revealed that he was so excited about the adventure, and that he was the happiest child in the world.
Difficult words: encounter (an unexpected meeting), cone (the dry brown fruit of a tree such as a pine or a fir), reveal (to make something public information).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos