Family Saves Bear – level 2
A family in Wisconsin, US, went fishing; they were in a boat on Marshmiller Lake when they saw something unusual. It looked like a bear with plastic on its head.
The family moved closer to the animal, and they saw that the animal was a baby black bear. The bear had a plastic tub on its head, and there was water in the tub. The bear tried to stay above water; however, it was difficult.
The man wanted to take the tub off the bear’s head. He was not successful at first; however, after a while, he succeeded. The man removed the tub, and the bear swam away.
In the past, bears lived only in the northern part of the state. Now, the population of bears is growing, and they are becoming more common in the south, too.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.