Family Saves Bear – level 3
A family in Wisconsin, US, were out fishing on Marshmiller Lake, when they spotted an animal swimming with what appeared to be a plastic tub stuck on its head.
The family maneuvered their boat around, and they realized that the trapped animal was in fact a baby black bear that struggled to stay afloat.
The family followed the bear with a boat before they got close enough to be able to remove the plastic container from the bear’s head. However, their first attempt was unsuccessful, and the family circled back around for a second try to get the plastic off. They saved the bear, and it made it safely to the shore.
The black bear’s primary range is located in the north of the state. However, due to a growing population, bears are becoming more common in the lower part of the state than ever before.
Difficult words: maneuver (to move skillfully or carefully), afloat (above the surface of water), primary range (the main or the most important area where something exists).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos