Family with six fingers – level 2
A family from Brazil wants its country to win the World Cup for the sixth time. The people in the family give a lot of energy for Brazil. They believe that their energy will flow onto the pitch and make the players play well.
However, there is more to this story. There is something that makes this family special. The family members were all born with six fingers on each hand and foot. This condition is caused by a rare genetic condition.
The media likes the family, and Brazil can hope that its positive energy works!
Difficult words: flow (go), pitch (area where football is played), rare genetic condition (few people have this condition in their bodies).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are you watching the World Cup?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.