Fantastic Animation of Planes – level 3
An animation is a stunning visual representation of the packed airspace above Europe at the height of summer on June 21, 2013.
There are on average 30,000 flights across European airspace every day in July. These flights cover a combined distance of 46 million kilometres.
The video features the English airports of London Heathrow and London Gatwick, which is the busiest airport with only one runway in the world. On June 21, 5,675 airplanes departed or arrived from UK airports, and Gatwick and Heathrow accounted for 2,295 of those flights.
Difficult words: stunning (amazing), packed (very busy), account for (make up a specific amount or proportion).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos