Far-Right March in Sofia – level 2
Every year, Bulgarian nationalists organise a march The Bulgarian government banned these marches because the government thinks that they are not good images for the country.
However, the nationalists recently managed to overturn the ban. They marched through Sofia, the Bulgarian capital and honoured General Hristo Lukov, who was a pro-Nazi World War II general.
Difficult words: nationalist (a person with strong patriotic feelings), march (protest by organised walking), ban (say that people must not do something), overturn (cancel, stop).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos