Fast car in Indianapolis – level 2
A man drove a stolen car and refused to stop for police, so police began a high speed chase. The man reached speeds of more than 100 miles per hour (160 kilometres per hour).
The chase continued to Indianapolis, where the car crashed into another car at an intersection. The man got out of his car and ran into a parking garage. Later, police arrested him on the third floor.
Difficult words: chase (following somebody), intersection (where two roads cross each other).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Is your car fast?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.