Fast food restaurant sells a perfume – level 1
Burger King is a fast food restaurant. It is in many countries. It is in Japan.
The Japanese Burger King sold a perfume. It is called “Flame Grilled”. You could buy it only for one day. You could buy it on April 1st. It cost 28 pounds.
The perfume was unisex. This means that it was for both sexes – for both men and women.
Difficult words: sold (past of “sell” – to give for money), could (past of “can”), cost (past of “cost” – to have a price in money).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Would you buy this perfume?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.