Fast Longboard Ride – level 2
On the Internet, someone uploaded a video which went viral. The video shows a 24-year-old man. He is riding a longboard skateboard down a hill in Colorado, USA. He skates at 112 kilometres per hour!
It looks like the man wears no helmet or padding in the video, but he does. It is hidden under his clothing so you cannot see it in the video.
The professional’s longboard was specially tuned for high speeds. He also wears a pair of special shoes.
Difficult words: viral (to be popular), padding (soft but tough material for protection of the body), tune (to make something better for a specific action).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Would you like to ride a skateboard this fast?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos