Fast Train in China – level 1
Hong Kong opens a new high-speed train. It connects Hong Kong to Shenzen.
The new system cost 10 billion US dollars. It took eight years to build. It can carry 80,000 people a day. You can travel from Hong Kong to Shenzen in just 14 minutes. That is 45 minutes less than before.
Hong Kong is not completely a part of China. Shenzen is in China. The new train brings Hong Kong and China more together.
Some people do not like this. They protest.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.