Fathers Are Too Old – level 2
The average age of fathers in England and Wales in the early 1990s was 31. Now, it is 33 – fathers are getting older and older.
This is not a good thing when it comes to health of the child. The sperm of older men contain larger number of mutations and the child is then more prone to disease. One British doctor suggests that 18 year-old men freeze their sperm. When they’re older and they want to have babies, they can use their frozen sperm.
So what do you think? Freezing eggs from women planning families isn’t that unusual, is it?
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about freezing sperm?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.