Feel Invisible Things – level 1
Ultrahaptics is a new technology. It uses ultrasound. The ultrasound is sent to your hand. Your hand can feel something. You feel something, but you touch nothing. It is like magic.
You can feel buttons, for example. This can be good in elevators and hospitals. It is cleaner not to touch something.
Ultrahaptics can be used for virtual reality, too. You can feel anything.
The technology is patented. However, it can take time until people use it in the everyday world.
Difficult words: ultrasound (a type of sound or other vibrations), magic (something which is not real), patented (registered, official).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos