Feel Invisible Things – level 3
Ultrahaptics from Bristol University in England is a new technology which allows you to feel and interact with buttons, switches or other objects in mid-air that are not really there.
The team hopes that the ultrasound technology will be used to control household devices, buttons in an elevator or in hospitals making interaction cleaner and more hygienic.
The new technology can be used for virtual reality, too, as it can mimic many three-dimensional objects. The technology has been already patented, but it could be a while until we see ultrahaptics introduced into our daily lives.
Difficult words: interact (communicate), device (a piece of technology), hygienic (clean), mimic (copy).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.