Fence Between USA and Mexico – level 1
This news is from the USA. The American government is building a fence. It costs $73 million. The government says that the fence is a type of wall. It says this because Trump promised the American people a wall.
The new fence is tall. It can get as tall as 9 metres. It is hard to get over, through or underneath.
Difficult words: government (the ‘bosses’ of a country), fence (something which is around an area and keeps people in or out), promised (past of ‘promise’ – to say that you are going to do something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.