Fence Between USA and Mexico – level 2
American officials came together to talk about the start of a new project to build a $73-million fence on the border with Mexico.
The structure is a strong, tall fence, but the government calls it a ‘ballard wall’. The structure is what it is, but the government calls it ‘a wall’ because Trump promised to build a wall.
The fence will be 9 metres tall in some places, hard to get over, through or underneath.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.