Ferry accident in Bangladesh – level 1
An accident happens in Bangladesh. A ferry hits a boat. The ferry turns over. There are 150 people on the ferry. Seventy people die. People save fifty people. Police arrest the captain of the boat.
In Bangladesh, accidents like this happen often. The boats there are not good. Also, the boats are often overcrowded.
Difficult words: ferry (a boat which transports people), arrest (to take to a police station), overcrowded (there are too many people on the boats).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Does it shock you when people die?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.