Ferry sinks in Bangladesh – level 1
A ferry is sailing. Around 200 people are on it. The winds and currents are strong. The ferry goes down. This happens in Bangladesh.
Around 100 people are saved. People look for the other 100 people. We don’t know where they are. Maybe they swam to land. People are looking for the ferry, too.
Accidents like this happen often in Bangladesh. A lot of people travel by water there.
Difficult words: ferry (boat which moves people), sail (to travel by water), current (moving water).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Can you swim?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.