Ferry sinks in Bangladesh – level 2
A ferry with 200 passengers capsized in Bangladesh. Strong winds and currents caused the disaster.
People saved about 100 passengers. The rest of them is still missing. It is possible that they swam to the riverbank. Teams of rescuers look for survivors as well as the boat.
Bangladesh is known for ferry accidents. People travel by water a lot there.
Difficult words: capsize (turn over in the water), current (movement of water), passenger (person who rides something), riverbank (land alongside a river).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Can you swim?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.