Festival in Bolivia – level 1
People organise a festival in La Paz. La Paz is the capital of Bolivia. The festival’s name is ‘Feast of the Lord of Power’. It happens every year.
This year, 40,000 dancers and musicians come to the festival. They dance and make music with a lot of love and energy. They also ask the Lord of Power (also known as Jesus) for health.
People wear costumes at the festival. Some costumes can cost up to $20,000.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.