Festival in Bolivia – level 2
The Festival of the Feast of the Lord of Power took place in La Paz recently, which is the capital of Bolivia.
People organise the festival every year and this year, there were more than 40,000 dancers and musicians. A dancer said that all of it was done with great devotion. People dance to ask the Lord of Power (Jesus) for things like health.
Some costumes can cost as much as $20,000 – the festival is a time when people show their economic power.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.