Festival in Bolivia – level 3
More than 40,000 dancers and musicians took part in the Festival of the Feast of the Lord of Power through the streets of Bolivia’s capital of La Paz.
The annual festival lasted 15 hours. A dancer said that all of it was done with great devotion; the dance being to ask Tata (Lord of Great Power – Jesus) for health or something else that people wish for.
With some costumes costing as much as $20,000, the festival is an opportunity for participants to show off their economic power.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.