Fight on a Plane – level 1
This happens in Burbank, California. Passengers are leaving a plane. A fight breaks out between two men. Someone records it with a mobile phone. People try to stop the fight. Police arrest one of the men.
The airline says that its flight crews have special training. They know how to de-escalate conflicts. The airline does not say what makes the fight happen.
Difficult words: flight crew (people that work on an aeroplane), de-escalate (to make something less serious), conflict (when people have a problem and can fight or argue).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos