Fire at a petrol station – level 1
This happens at a petrol station. The petrol station is in Israel. A man is at the petrol station. He is filling his car with petrol.
A woman comes up to him. She asks him for cigarettes. The man says no.
The woman walks away for a second, but she comes back soon. She has a lighter. She sets the petrol pump on fire. There is fire everywhere. It is shocking, but everybody is OK.
Police arrest the woman.
Difficult words: fill (to put something inside something), lighter (a small thing which can make fire; people use this to light a cigarette), pump (the thing that you put in your car to fill your car with petrol).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
The woman must be crazy to do something like this! What do you think?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.