Fire at a petrol station – level 2
A woman in Israel came to a man who was filling his petrol tank at a petrol station. She asked him for cigarettes, but he refused to give her any.
The woman turned away, but came back later. She pulled a lighter from her pocket and ignited the petrol pump. The man pulled out the pump from his car – the place was immediately on fire. A security camera filmed everything. It is a shocking video.
Police arrested the woman shortly after the incident, and sent her for psychological tests. Luckily, the incident injured no one.
Difficult words: petrol tank (a space in the car to store petrol), refuse (to choose not to do something), ignite (to set on fire).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
The woman must be crazy to do something like this! What do you think?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.