Fire in Moscow – level 2
Russian firefighters were working to put out a big fire at a plastics warehouse in Moscow. A group of eight firefighters helped evacuate workers from the warehouse, and the group prevented an explosion.
Contact with the group was lost when the roof collapsed. People still had hope, but the fire was too big. It spread over more than 37,000 square metres. After the fire was out, people found the firefighters’ bodies.
Difficult words: warehouse (a place with many things which are going to be sold), prevent (stop something bad from happening), spread (exist over an area).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos