Fireworks factory explodes – level 1
There is a fireworks factory in Colombia. Some gunpowder gets on fire in the factory. The factory explodes and burns.
There is a road near the factory. A man stands on it. He has a camera. He films when the factory explodes. The explosion throws him in the air, but he is OK.
Firefighters come. They must control the fire. It takes them 6 hours.
Difficult words: fireworks (a thing which explodes with loud noises and makes colourful lights), gunpowder (a thing which can explode and looks like sand), burn (to be on fire).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.