Fireworks in Tultepec – level 1
The country of Mexico is divided into states. The State of Mexico is one of them. In the first half of 2018, 40 people die in accidents with fireworks.
One city is known for its frequent explosions. It is the city of Tultepec. People are not even shocked when somebody dies because of fireworks there.
These people, however, are proud of their fireworks. They make them. They say that it is a type of art.
Difficult words: be divided (have parts), frequent (something frequent happens often).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos