First COVID-19 Vaccine – level 1
Russia makes a COVID-19 vaccine. A vaccine is a medicine that can stop a sickness from making you sick. Russia is the first country in the world that makes an official COVID-19 vaccine.
The Russian president says that the vaccine is safe. He says that doctors can use the vaccine. His daughter gets the vaccine. She feels good. She does not have any serious health problems. Russian officials say that the vaccine can protect a person for two years.
However, scientists from other countries worry. They do not believe that the vaccine is good. They say that the tests do not go long enough. Every vaccine has long tests. Many people must take part in the tests. However, Russia makes its vaccine very quickly.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.