First COVID-19 Vaccine – level 2
Last week, Russia became the first country that made a COVID-19 vaccine.
The Russian president, Vladimir Putin, said that the vaccine went through all necessary tests and that it was ready to use. Putin also said that his daughter already received two shots of the vaccine and that she did not have any unexpected health problems. Russian officials said that the vaccine could protect a person for two years.
However, scientists from all over the world do not believe that the vaccine is good. They say that the necessary tests last many months and they involve thousands of people. Experts do not believe that Russia tested the vaccine well, and they say that people can get a false sense of security.
Difficult words: shot (an injection), unexpected (when people do not think that something could happen), involve (to be a part of something), false sense of security (when you believe that you are safe but you actually are not safe),
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos