First real hoverboard – level 2
A company in California says that it created the world’s first real hoverboard. The hoverboard is like a skateboard, but it has no wheels and it hovers 1 inch off the ground. The company is testing its 18th prototype.
So how does it work? The hoverboard has four hover engines which create a special magnetic field. The field pushes against itself and levitates the board.
If you give $100 to the company, it will let you ride the hoverboard for 5 minutes. If you help the company by giving it $10,000, you can have a hoverboard. But you will have to wait until October 2015.
Difficult words: hover (remain in one place in the air), engine (machine which can make something move), levitate (make rise and hover in the air).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Which sci-fi thing/technology would you like to become real?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.