First women rangers – level 1
In the USA, there is a school. This school is for soldiers. It offers special training. The training takes 62 days. It is very difficult. If you finish the training, you become a ranger.
Nineteen women and 381 men begin the training. Only 94 men and two women finish the training. The women become the first women rangers ever. This is an important moment for the school.
The training includes swamp survival. One woman says that this was difficult for her.
Difficult words: offer (to give), swamp (an area where there is a lot of water, mud and plants), survival (surviving – living in a difficult situation).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about the women rangers?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos