Fisherman is saved – level 1
This is news is about an accident. A fisherman is working on a boat. He twists his feet in the anchor line.
He hangs on the anchor. He is upside down. Luckily, the man has his mobile phone in his pocket. He calls the police for help. Help comes in an hour.
Difficult words: twist (when things get stuck to one another), anchor (a heavy, metal object tied on a line which stops a boat and makes it stay in one place), upside down (his head is down and his legs are up).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.