Flat-Faced Dogs – level 1
This news is about dogs. One type is popular in Britain. It is the type with a flat face.
These dogs, however, are often unhealthy. They have problems with breathing. Some people leave their dogs because of this.
This is a problem. Animal doctors do not like this. They ask people to buy healthy dogs.
Difficult words: flat face (the dog has a small nose pushed up against its head), unhealthy (not healthy – fit), breathing (getting the air in and out of your body).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos