Flat-Faced Dogs – level 3
Vets are urging people not to buy dogs with fashionable “flat-faced” features like pugs. The British Veterinary Association is concerned at an increase at such pets being abandoned.
Growing numbers are being given away due to breathing difficulties and other health problems. The BVA wants animal lovers to buck the fashion trend and choose “healthier breeds” instead.
Difficult words: urge (strongly recommend/ask), pug (a small dog with a flat face), abandon (stop taking care of), due to (because of), buck (resist, oppose, go against).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos