Floor Falls in Indonesia – level 1
In Jakarta, there is a tower for the Indonesia Stock Exchange. It has a floor that is like a balcony. It is between the first and second floors. Video records that floor collapsing. About 30 students fall down to the floor below.
The police say that 80 people get hurt. However, nobody dies. The police block off that part of the building. People can work in the other parts.
Leaders say that militants did not make the floor fall.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.