Flying Car – level 3
The KleinVision flying car took its maiden flight at Slovakia’s Piestany Airport on October 22.
The fifth generation flying car was designed by Professor Stefan Klein from the University of Münster and it flew almost 460 meters in the air over Slovakia as part of a test flight.
The two-seat model weighs 1,100 kilograms, and it can carry an additional load of 200 kilograms per flight. It is powered by a BMW 1.6-liter engine and its estimated travel range is 1,000 kilometers. The car can transform from a road vehicle into an air vehicle in less than three minutes.
Anton Zajac, the co-founder of the Slovakian company KleinVision said that with AirCar, people would arrive at their destination without the hassle of getting a ride to the airport and passing through commercial security. The car is suitable for leisure and self-driving journeys or as a commercial taxi service.
Difficult words: maiden (the first attempt or act of its kind), travel range (the maximum distance that a vehicle can travel without refueling), hassle (a difficult or annoying situation).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos