Flying taxi – level 3
The company Archer Aviation unveiled its first electric flying taxi ´Maker´ in a Tesla-style debut. According to Archer co-founder Adam Goldstein, the team has built an affordable, safe, and low noise aircraft.
People are stuck on the ground and there´s a lot of congestion; however, Maker can take off the land vertically like a helicopter which means that it doesn´t need a lot of infrastructure. It´s a fully autonomous vehicle for two passengers, and it can fly at 240 kmph for distances of up to 100 kilometers.
The company expects to launch Maker commercially in 2024. Archer´s mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air movement, to help solve the traffic problem within cities, and to move to a fully renewable transportation solution.
Difficult words: debut (the first appearance to the public), congestion (the situation when a place is extremely crowded and blocked with traffic or people), infrastructure (things we need to make something work), autonomous (when a thing can work by itself)..
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.