Food for African children is more expensive – level 1
International organizations help people in Africa. They give people food.
Sadly, this help is becoming expensive now. The problem is the war in Ukraine. The war is making food more expensive. A French company makes special food for African children. It contains peanuts, oil, dry milk, and other things. All these things are more expensive. The price of this food goes up by 23% since last year.
Another problem is that organizations must to help Ukrainian refugees. Their help means that they have less money for food for African children.
The organizations say that they need more money. Without money, more children won’t have enough food.
Difficult words: international (something that comes from different countries), contain (to have a part of something), refugee (a person who leaves a country because of danger).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos