Food in the stratosphere – level 1
There’s a group of people. They want to send a fake pastry into the stratosphere.
They use a big balloon. The balloon is filled with gas. It takes the pastry up. It gets up to 29,000 feet (8,839 metres). There’s a camera on the balloon, too. It films an interesting video.
After two hours up there, the balloon starts to go down. The people then find it.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What methods could the group have used to make sure they find their balloon and pastry again?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.