Food in the Stratosphere – level 3
A group of amateur scientists launched a pastry into the stratosphere. No one knows exactly why, but people took some dazzling and bizarre images of the dessert flying far above the earth.
The fake pastry treat was stuck to a home-made spacecraft called the ‘Cannolo Transporter’ which was then attached to a large helium-filled balloon and released into the sky.
The aircraft rose to at least 8.8 kilometres but came crashing back down to Earth after only two hours. The team reclaimed its precious invention in a muddy farmland.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.