Fortune tellers work online – level 1
A fortune teller is a person who predicts someone’s future. He uses different ways to do it. He can use numerology to study numbers and what they mean in someone’s life. He can also use tarot cards or palm reading.
Many people go to fortune tellers in Thailand. They like to know what will happen in the future. Many fortune tellers start to work online during Covid-19. More than 7,000 fortune tellers work for one online company. They use a special app to speak to people.
Young Thais have more problems with their work. They often speak to fortune tellers. They ask about work. It is different. They often ask about love in the past.
Difficult words: predict (to say what will probably happen in the future), tarot cards (cards with pictures which fortune tellers use to talk about the future), palm reading (when a person looks at someone’s hand and its lines, and he says what will probably happen to this person in the future).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos