Fox in a Dishwasher – level 3
A fox cub, presumably looking for food, got itself stuck in a dishwasher in a London household. Luckily for it, the owner found it and is a vet.
With years of experience, he could tell that the fox was just a few months old and seemed to be very scared. He removed the dishwasher’s bottom trolley and, after some persuasion with a sweeping brush, the frightened animal crept out of the appliance and made a dash for the garden where people later saw it with its mother.
Difficult words: cub (a baby animal such as a fox or a bear), presumably (probably, what somebody would think), persuasion (persuading somebody – telling him or her to do something), creep (move slowly and carefully), make a dash for (run somewhere suddenly and fast).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.