France protests – level 1
Last summer in France is the hottest in history. Officials look for ways how to help farmers grow crops.
There is a plan to build a water reservoir in Western France. Farmers can use water from this reservoir when it does not rain. They bring the water to their fields.
But many people protest against the reservoir. They say that the reservoir is too big. They worry that only big farms will have water from it. 6,000 people protest last week. But authorities do not allow the protest.
Big protests are in France now. The government passes a new law about pensions. Many people are angry.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What impact do the protests have on the plan to build the water reservoir in Western France?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.